KARAT® MAXI PLUS has become standard terminology in high quality mooring applications. Very high strength/weight ratio allows substantial size reductions and ease in handling, as well as providing excellent overall economy. The new KARAT® MAXI PLUS have the same properties but offer a higher MBL and much better abrasion resistance. The new KARAT® MAXI PLUS is DNV Type approved.
- Highest strength of the conventional permanently floating mooring ropes.
- High abrasion resistance.
- No loss of strength when wet.
- High energy absorption.
- Very low snap-back effect.
- Manufactured acc. to ISO and OCIMF.
- EStalonTM is a polyester/polypropylene melt mixture.
- EurolefinTM in outer yarn.
Melting point: 185°C.
Spec. gravity: 0,99.
Water absorption: 0%.
Reduction of MBL when wet: 0%.
Bending Ratio, Dynamic ISO 3730: 9:1.
Elongation, new rope: 18%.
Elongation, broken-in ropes (15-20 operations): 11%.