KARAT® MAXI PLUS has become standard terminology in high quality mooring applications. Very high strength/weight ratio allows substantial size reductions and ease in handling, as well as providing excellent overall economy. The new KARAT® MAXI PLUS have the same properties but offer a higher MBL and much better abrasion resistance. The new KARAT® MAXI PLUS is DNV Type approved.
Special characteristics are:
- Highest strength of the conventional permanently floating mooring ropes.
- High abrasion resistance.
- No loss of strength when wet.
- High energy absorption.
- Very low snap-back effect.
- Manufactured acc. to ISO and OCIMF.
- EStalonTM is a polyester/polypropylene melt mixture.
- EurolefinTM in outer yarn.
- Melting point: 185°C.
- Spec. Gravity: 0,99.
- Water absorption: 0%.
- Reduction of MBL when wet: 0%.
- Bending Ratio, Dynamic ISO 3730 9:1 .
- Elongation, new rope: 18%.
- Elongation, broken-in ropes (15-20 operations) 11%.