KARAT® MAXI PLUS has become standard terminology in high quality mooring applications. Very high strength/weight ratio allows substantial size reductions and ease in handling, as well as providing excellent overall economy. The new KARAT® MAXI PLUS have the same properties but offer a higher MBL and much better abrasion resistance. The new KARAT® MAXI PLUS is DNV Type approved.
Special characteristics are:
- Highest strength of the conventional permanently floating mooring ropes.
- High abrasion resistance.
- No loss of strength when wet.
- High energy absorption.
- Very low snap-back effect.
- Manufactured acc. to ISO and OCIMF.
- EStalonTM is a polyester/polypropylene melt mixture.
- EurolefinTM in outer yarn.
- Melting point: 185°C.
- Spec. gravity: 0,99.
- Water absorption: 0%.
- Reduction of MBL when wet: 0%.
- Bending Ratio, Dynamic ISO 3730 9:1 .
- Elongation, new rope: 18%.
- Elongation, broken-in ropes (15-20 operations) 11%.
Download CAD by choosing the desired product from the table above and the format from the menu below. Click "Get CAD" and after the load reaches 100% you can click on the download icon to download it. Please note that CAD drawings are only available if the icon at the right side of the table above is colored and not grayed out.