KARAT® WINCHline combines the unique characteristics of the high strength KARAT-fibres with a 6-strand ”wire rope” lay. The outer layer of each strand comprises a special combination of Nylon monofilaments and Nylon multifilaments. KARAT® WINCHline is designed to be used on selftensioning winches and is DNV Type Approved.
- High resistance to deformation.
- No crushing or jamming on winch.
- High abrasion resistance.
- Excellent fatigue properties giving longer lifetime.
- High strength gives better safety.
- Maintenance free.
Melting point: 250˚C.
Spec. gravity: 1,1.
Water absorption: 2%.
Reduction of MBL when wet: 1%.
Bending Ratio, Dynamic ISO 3730: 12:1.
Elongation, new rope: 25%.
Elongation, broken-in ropes (15-20 operations): 18%.